facebook
pinterest
twitter
skype
vimeo
skype

Oriolo Romano

Wedding in Oriolo Romano

Oriolo Romano was founded in 1562 by Giorgio Santacroce around a Palace (or Palazzo) he had acquired from the noble family Orsini and which was surrounded by woods. Oriolo Romano has a very clearly planned structure with three parallel streets leading to a square closed by a large palace. The main palace, maybe designed by Il Vignola, was modified in the late XVIIth century after Oriolo Romano was acquired in 1671 by the family of Pope Clemens X (1670-76). It is a complex building which seen from different angles appears as a town palace, a villa and a a fortress.

English
Subscribe to RSS - Oriolo Romano